Monday, February 12, 2007

sweets!



We had a wonderful Sweets Party!

The best part was decorating. My niece Maggie, nephew Seth, and I taped streamers to almost every surface of my mother's kitchen. We hung a banner from the ceiling fan. And two more in the windows. We made a panel of streamer ribbons for the doorway (and had loads of fun running through them!)

We had cupcakes with puffy pink hearts painted on them and we put a candle in each one. We sang "Happy Sweets Day to You!" at the top of our lungs and, together, blew them all out. There were party favors of phoney money and black velvet marker art. I filled heart shaped boxes with a sampling of fun and colorful candy in little candy cups. Seth tried to trade his half-eaten box with Maggie's nearly full one. Sneaky little boy!

We're already talking about what our next celebration will be. We were thinking about a pickle party for St. Paddy's Day. Maggie and Seth are wild about pickles...maybe we can do a tasting of a dozen different varieties.

I have a whole bunch of orders to get out today so it's off to work for me. I hope this Monday gives you a fresh and wonderful start to this brand new week before you.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are such beautiful children. I can imagine a day with them being just wonderful.

Cherry xx

Anonymous said...

You are the bestest auntie ever!

Claire said...

yay! On my flickr are pics of the bon bons I made. THANKS for the idea!!

Anonymous said...

Kim said exactly what I was going to write...so DITTO!

Anonymous said...

Your niece and nephew are so adorable! I say have a party for anything, you do the best parties I would love to attend.

Diane said...

You just get to have so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

where do you get your heart boxes? so cute.

Carol Bennett said...

How very sweet! What a good aunt you are!

Carol
Come visit me!
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

Gypsy Purple said...

What a great celebtration...love the ideas

Chamara

Anonymous said...

love your blog always! did y'all ever try fried pickles? so different. my sis and i did that one st. paddy's day and watched "the quiet man" which is a lovely movie set in ireland.

charlotte said...

little Maggie looks just like you! what fun to have you for a doting, playful aunt!
xoC

cammy said...

Oh,what fun! Your darling little niece looks just like you!!

Anonymous said...

What darling little sweetie pies!!

Lena said...

Oh my goodness...those two little faces are all the "sweets" I'd ever need! You are indeed a fortunate aunty, and your loved ones are lucky to have you in their lives. Thank you for the smiles!