Thursday, May 10, 2007

day 3: driving!

No pictures for this post...sorry!

We left San Francisco this morning and travelled the Pacific Highway down to Carmel. The trip took a while longer than the 3 hours we expected. We stopped at nearly every lookout spot. And guess what we spied at our very first stop...a mama whale and her babies! What a delightful surprise that was!

The whole trip was filled with gasps and wow!s and oh!s. Looking down atop the tall cliffs to see the ocean breaking waves against rocks was just wonderful.

So now here we are in Carmel. I'm sitting in front of a beautiful fire, tapping away this message as Rich takes a nap in our room. Tonight, we're hoping to get dinner at Clint Eastwood's joint.

Tomorrow, pictures...I promise!

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi,
I just ran across your blog. I love Clint Eastwood's joint.
How far down the coast are you driving?
I live 1hr below Santa Barbara.
I have some friends that live in the Carmel Valley. It is so nice where you are.
Have a wonderful time. Check out my blog sometime.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Oh you must go to pebble beach! Ahhh, dreamy!!! Tracy

Lori said...

Just came across your blog. Your trip looks fantastic!! I love Ulla's blog and would love to see castle in the air!! I saw A. Arnold in Home Companion and was enchanted by her creations, how lucky that you got to meet her. When you get back come and visit me on my new blog if you like.

kate said...

I have lived in N. California all my 54 years- was raised over the hill from Carmel in Gilroy. Carmel is wonderful- one of the best places on earth- we got engaged on the white beach at the bottom of Ocean Ave 32 years ago :) Enjoy- glad that you love California! (I now live in Davis- up by Sacramento- very lovely here, too)

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Hi Amy,

Just wanted to drop you a note! Sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation. Can't wait to hear how your dinner was!

Roxi

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

When I would travel from San Francisco to San Diego and I had the time I would take PCH.
Happy that you and Rich are having a good time...say "hi" to Clint for me, it will make his day. :) :) :)