Wednesday, May 2, 2007

ready, set...vacation!

We leave for our trip in less than a week! I'm so excited.

We decided to cut out Vegas and Los Angeles. The new plan is that we're flying into San Francisco, spending a couple of days there. Then we'll spend the rest of our vacation relaxing in Carmel.

I tell ya, I am so ready for this! Especially after all of that preparation for the Paris Flea.

I have a project that I want to do before we leave on our trip. I bought this "naked book" by 7 Gypsies. I'm going to decorate each envelope page and mark it to indicate the day of our trip. For all of the wonderful suggestions y'all gave me for our trip (do you have any more?) I'm going to make little cards. The cards will have pictures of the destination, directions, and a description. I will tuck these cards in each day's envelope. Once we are there, we can choose from the cards to plan the day ahead of us. Or move cards from one envelope to the next.

The book will also serve as a catch-all for mementos, receipts, etc. for each day. That way when I get home, I'll already have a "scrapbook" made to preserve our memories. I'll be able to tuck in photos once we print them out and stash them in the corresponding envelope. Or I could make a separate envelope for photos.

This is the project I'm making for the travel swap too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Just think of all the neat shops you'll see in San Fran. Maybe some potential items to include in your shop?

And once I know what my niece is having (she's due in August), I'm buying a blanket. Just hope they are still there when I'm ready to buy!

Anonymous said...

What a darling idea!

Sadie Olive said...

How fun! I can't wait to see photos of the finished project! Have a great trip! I imagine you need a vacation with how busy you have been!

Anonymous said...

Your travel book sounds great. I must do one on my next trip. Have an awesome time away!

Anonymous said...

I live about an hour and a half from SFO, and think it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world!! Of course, if you have never done it, take a cable car ride from Market to Fisherman's Wharf, or vise versa.... There are some great shops on Union and Chestnut Streets, and Alcatraz is fun and super intersting.....and it gives you a great view of the city from there. I always love to go to the 1/2 pric tkt booth at Union Square, (in the morning) to see if there are any good deals on tix for a play that evening.
A drive on 17 mile Drive in Carmel is beautiful, and WOW the houses are amazing!! Also nearby in Monterey, is the Monterey Bay Aquarium.....always beautiful, and intersting too. Hope some of this helps....p.s. love the book idea!!
Natalie
www.nataliehansen.typepad.com

Wendy Updegraff said...

Tag...your it! See my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be great, enjoy your trip!