Saturday, May 5, 2007

that's random

I've been tagged by Wendy and Sarah and I think someone else all asking me to share 7 random things about myself. Since Random is my middle name (not really) I think I share random things on a daily basis. But I'll play along and give you today a bonus 7 things about me that you might not already know.

1. I really, really dig McD's Sweet Tea. And sometimes I drive up with my $1.05 in change, including pennies, just to get that nearly gallon-load of syrupy sweetness.

2. I grew up in a papermill town (if you've ever been to one, your poor nose will remember).

3. Our code for checking our teeth after we've eaten is that we smile really big and say through our teeth "How's your mother?" If there's a problem, say a wedge of spinach between my two front teeth, the response is something like "Oh, she had a terrible fall right in the middle of the street!"

4. If I am out and I look in the rear view mirror to see a crown of frizzy hair, I panic. I'm likely to stop at the nearest drug store to find something (anything!) to tame it. I've also used hand lotion and even lip balm (I was desperate, people).

5. I can't keep a secret. If you tell me something and ask me not to tell anyone, especially Jane, the only way I can keep the secret is to not talk to Jane. Ever. Again. Oh, unless it's a really serious friendship breaking, world-ending secret. I can keep those, even if it keeps me awake at night. But if you're throwing Jane a surprise party, forget about it.

6. I can't bring myself to write in blank books--journals, diaries, etc. It's a commitment issue.

7. I had a book called "The Jumbo Book of Jokes and Riddles". The book was truly jumbo, about 6 inches thick with different color paper for each section. There was a whole section of limericks. When I was in third grade, I plagerized one instead of writing my own limerick. I won a trophy for that poem and had my picture in the newspaper. Don't judge me. The guilt of this crime has haunted me for nearly 30 years.

11 comments:

Sadie Olive said...

You are too funny. I can't keep a secret either. I always end up telling everyone what I bought them for Christmas before it ever arrives.... And I have ruined a surprise party or two in the past.

Monique said...

these are funny! I'm with you on 4 and 5!

Anonymous said...

I like that code -- will have to remember that!

Tammy Gilley said...

Love #3! That is hilarious!! Laughing. Really. Loud.

laina kay said...

#3 is so clever and I'm with you on #6! #7... ouch... guilt hurts. you've come clean... let it go!

Unknown said...

Oh Amy! Your poor little guilty heart! I can empathize. At twelve I gave a blouse to my mother for a gift. It was a cast off from my best friends mother. She was a talented seamstress. As I gave the blouse to my mother, the most outrageous lie came out of my mouth, "Mrs. McLean helped me make this for you." (Agghhh!) I truly did love the blouse and thought it was a good gift until that moment when she was opening it and I realized it was a second hand thing. Oh the things we do when we are young! Not getting caught makes it a zillion time worse! Hope you are having a lovely time!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh my I had all but forgotten the teeny tiny itsy bitsy envelope (no card) I pinched from a mini mart. It guilted me for YEARS...I do think I'm over it now...at least I thought I was...:) :) :)

Anonymous said...

love #3 & #7, but surprised about #6 since your create so many journals.

Anastasia said...

oh you need to let me know what product you style your hair with
love your curls!!
i too am a curly gal and hate my frizzies!

Jennifer said...

The punishments we heap upon ourselves are worse than any other! We've all got these skeletons, and the proof we turned out all right is that we can still burn with shame at the memory! I, unfortunately, have more than one such memory ;-)

Anonymous said...

Number 7 made me laugh! I can just see Amy the small child, standing tall plagerizing a wonderful limerick. You've got so much talent, you probably could have written it, so don't sweat the small stuff! You can now let the guilt go, as you have entertained a number of people.