Monday, June 25, 2007

another gift!

A strange thing happened to me this afternoon. After the rush of getting orders out the door, I nearly collapsed with fatigue! Don't be alarmed...it wasn't the "I'm so sick" kind of fatigue. Rather it was the kind of sleepiness that beckons for a nap and won't allow you to do anything productive in the meantime.

So I thought I'd just sit still for a moment and perhaps just rest my eyes. My eyelids were so heavy. Of course, you can predict what happened next. Lulled by the bright dialogue of "Take Her She's Mine" where Jimmy Stewart is trying to save his sweet daughter from the Parisian artist, I fell immediately and completely asleep.

About a half hour later, the doorbell startled me awake. (It's a good thing...I think afternoon naps should not last longer than that) And this is what waited at my doorstep, all the way from Italia and my good friend Rosanna...

Opening the first sweet parcel revealed this beautiful bracelet...


Nestled in the next little bundle was this beautiful necklace...


Rosanna's sweet little daughter made me the next gift. It was a decorated photo of the two of us together in New York. Here's my favorite part...

Nicole has always drawn people as teddy bears...isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard? Don't you just love this lineup of colorful bears?

And then, from Rosanna's recent trip to Turkey...

a whole wonderful box of Turkish Delight! How exotic and wonderful. I've already gobbled up two little cubes and I think I'll have another (or two) before the day is done.

Thank you, Rosanna, for such a wonderful gift package! I love everything so much.

7 comments:

Shel/Nate/Anipals said...

How beautiful! A nap AND a present from a friend...it doesn't get any better than that!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Oh my Goodness! What's up with you and all these lovely gifts? You must've been putting out lots of good Karma :)

Anonymous said...

Hello friend, Turkish Delight! Europeans really dig that stuff - it is yummy with some tea. Miss you but check in every other day...Take care.

Anonymous said...

That Rosanna is something special! I wish she lived closer!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully wrapped package, the necklace is wonderful!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

what wonderful gifts!!!

Anonymous said...

My parents were in Turkey last month.. and they came back with the same Turkish Delight.. it was so delicious..;)