Thursday, June 21, 2007

a dreamlike day

I can't sleep. I keep trying to sleep but everytime I close my eyes I remember another something wonderful that happened today as I visited my friend Lorraine in her home.

This picture is of my friend with her little neighborhood friend Buckley. When little Buckley saw Lorraine about a block and a half away he started running as fast as his little feet would take him. It's some kind of love, let me tell you, that these two feel for one another.

I'm really kicking myself that I forgot to take more pictures. I was so busy taking in all the eye candy all around and hearing the most fabulous tales. It's no exaggeration to say that every something in my friend's house has a story. And they are really, really wonderful stories.

I wish I could show you a picture of the artwork that changed my friend Lorraine's life...turned on a little pink lightbulb inside her heart. And I'd show you the mosaic fireplace that her dear friend made for her. Or the trompe l'oiel window the same artist painted with pink bunnies and other delights hopping in the grass. Oh, and I'd definitely show you the mural another friend painted in her staircase of a magical garden.

In the morning, my friend's daughter was hosting a camp for the sweetest little girls. I fell in love completely with this little pixie named Pia. Seriously, I could've put her in my pocket and carried her home. She had the rosiest cheeks and prettiest smile that made her little eyes twinkle.

Today was pajama day for the camp. The little girls were extra sweet in their little robes and nightgowns and pajamas. My friend Lorraine wore the cutest bunny slippers!

I could go on and on about what a delightful day it was but I'm afraid I'll just torment you to talk about such wonderful things without having the pictures to back it all up. Lorraine, my friend, do you think you could send photos. Of everything?

Oh, I do have one other picture. This one is of me in Lorraine's famous chair. She has albums and albums full of photos of friends in her little chair. I'm honored to sit among them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see photos of your friend's house, it sounds amazing! And that chair is a fabulous art piece!!

LP Vintage said...

I love those perfect days that you want to relive over and over - thanks for sharing yours - hope we get to see more pictures from your friend Lorraine.

Birds of a Feather said...

i spent today with an inspiring friend, it's such a gift! and i want to host a pj day, maybe a brunch by the pool would be fun. yes, we need pix. xo

a pink-bee said...

What a sweet day , thanks for sharing:)

Delaney Gates said...

Oh, how lovely! Thank you for sharing those happy things!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, What a fun day! I love the little chair. Please post more pictures!
Robin

Doojies said...

Yikes!!! When our sweet Amy needs a drink you know that Mercury must be in retrograde! I find that an entire package of Oreos and a huge bowl of milk can take the edge off of accounting. It might make you feel urpy but not as much as the books.

FAQ said...

What a fun looking chair and you are so cute. I love your blog.