Monday, July 23, 2007

inspired...











My friend Lorraine (of the pink palace) showed me this book last week when I visited and I've been thinking of it ever since. I bought my own copy this weekend and have spent this morning thumbing through, dreaming and scheming.

What I really adore about these looks is that it pairs traditional shapes of furniture pieces with shockingly saturated colors and large scale (but traditional) patterns. I love how patterns are mixed together so generously. I especially love the idea of mixing different panels of window treatments. I'd never seen this done before and I'm so intrigued by it.

I have a lot of traditional shaped furniture in my living room...the red linen camel back sofa, the two caned bergere chairs. But I've kept the colors fairly traditional and the patterns safe and subdued. I'm looking at this room a bit differently now, after looking at this new book.

This is a gorgeous book, beautifully produced with vellum pages and an embossed velvet design on the cover. The interiors, as you can see, are over-the-top wonderful.

4 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

oohh ahh! me likey!!!
jessi nagy

www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com

deb said...

juicy colors!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these stunning pages from Tricia Guild's book, it's definitely on my wishlist.

Mélanie said...

I love selling and decorate house with Designer Guild's fabrics .
Everything is so colorfull.
tricia Guild is one of the best fabric's desiggner .
Actually one of my show room's bedroom is typically designer Guild but with dark pink
Mélanie xx