Friday, April 11, 2008

the path taken


This morning as we set out for our walk, the gentle breeze showered pink confetti on us from the cherry blossoms. What a delight!

I took my camera, hoping to give you a hint of how wonderful this new walk is. I realized, as I snapped these silent frames, that the part you are missing...the caress of the breeze, the songs of the birds, the energy of spring...would leave these photos a bit flat and uninteresting.

Here's a photo at the opening of our new path taken...it's like an invitation into a secret world. If you'd asked me before if there was such a path, straight instead of right over the footbridge, I'd sworn no. As I start out this path, I like to pretend that it's only visible to me and Baby. It's easy to imagine since nobody else ever seems to take it.

Here's my favorite tree. I can't wait to see her draped in green! When? When? Spring, you are such a temptress!

I love seeing the turtles all lined up on this log. Yesterday, I counted 14! 15, if you count the one who slipped into the water just as we approached.












8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I love the pink confetti and your beautiful excursion photos along your secret path. A bright spot in my day--it's snowing here! Eek!
xoxo
Teresa McFayden

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and even if you don't transmit sounds I have birds chirping right here. The turtles were awesome to see! Thanks! Theresa

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

That looks like a delightful path to walk about. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures with us. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love your enchanted path; and those turtles just made me smile!

Julie B.

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have this path to enjoy...I can almost here the spring sounds.

Unknown said...

We had a home in Gaithersburg, MD many years ago and I remember our lawn literally being covered in pink blossoms from the two huge cherry trees in the front. It was like walking under pink snow. Just lovely.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to take a walk, stunning cherry blossom (not uninteresting at all). I'd love a path to a secret world.

secretleaves said...

I love your pictures of the wetland areas. As much as I love pink confetti and the more normal sights of spring, what I truly love is a swamp! Because where there is a swampy area there are turtles! What a great shot of the short stack. Water turtles are usually the first to emerge from hibernation. Then come the box turtles. Yea!

Ann