Monday, June 30, 2008

busy monday


Well, we hit the ground running this morning.

First things first, I had to clean my very dirty kitchen. I'd made barbecue yesterday afternoon and had to dash out with it right away to make it to Rich's mom's 70th birthday surprise party. You can't be late for a surprise party. And then when we got home, I was too pooped to even look in the kitchen. I wish I'd remembered then how much I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen. What a terrible way to start the day.


The kitchen is now spic and span. Baby is surrounded by a sea of books and is leafing through them making funny noises. I wish you could see how he looks at his books...it really looks like he's reading them!


I have lots of work to do to get ready for the next inspiredfriend and inspiredideas...be sure to check in tomorrow! It's the S*W*E*E*T*E*S*T! Until then, this is your last chance to grab up a goodie from Catherine.


Somehow today I need to squeeze in a trip down bureaucracy lane. My file at the foster agency is "not in compliance"...one of the things missing is a form that must be filled out by a doctor everytime the baby has a medical visit. Three days after he came into our care, we had to make a trip to the emergency room. That silly form was the last thing on our minds. Unfortunately now, 6 months later, I have to go to the same emergency room and ask someone to fill it out. All of this just so his files are "compliant". It's so important that his file is in order that someone's job is on the line.


Maybe, by some little miracle, this task won't be as difficult as it seems. Maybe everyone at the emergency room will know exactly what I need the first time I ask and it'll be taken care of in two shakes of a lamb's tail.


Don't forget to check in tomorrow morning at about 8:30 am to see the update!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, hon, you got a LOT on your plate! And it ain't barbecue! I don't know the story of the baby, etc., but I know how bureaucracy works. (My husband is a doctor. And they hate these useless forms worse than we do!) So I'll just say good luck and look back through your entries to see if I can piece it together!
Brenda