Monday, June 16, 2008

mount st. laundry

Today I'm tackling a mountain of laundry. This time I'm going to see it through all the way to the last sock. For months now, I've only done laundry by the load, chipping away at the problem. Today, I'm folding and sorting and loading and unloading all the day long. Would you believe I have at least 2 whole loads of pink clothes (mostly pajamas!)? That's a problem, I'd say.

I also went through Baby's chest of drawers, finally putting away cold weather clothes and anything that no longer fits. I put this off far too long, wouldn't you say?

Baby's napping now and lately his afternoon (now only) nap has been a few hours! Just the right amount of time for me to actually be excited to hear him wake up.

I made this collage yesterday during naptime. It's for a friend...just a little gift. I'm thinking of making more. I remember when my sweet friend Alicia made a bunch of collages and sent them out to friends. It was the nicest thing in the world to get that gift in the mail...and the best gifts of all are the surprise, for no special reason, gifts, wouldn't you say?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mount St. Laundry...ha ha! Too funny. I have a laundry secret....it's called Mr. M. As in...he does 80% of it at our house. Am I lucky or what?!

Teresa M.

CraftyLyra said...

and the best gifts of all are the surprise, for no special reason, gifts, wouldn't you say?

Most definitely! Thank you for that reminder. And good luck with that laundry!

Annette D said...

I've named my laundry Mt. Dupont.
Ha!! Thanks for your magazine Amy.

Paula Adams Perez said...

Very funny! We say Mount St. Laundry too! I even drew a picture of it a couple years ago! http://momma-pajama.blogspot.com/2006/08/illustration-friday-clean.html

Lovie said...

Ooh, someone is getting a happy! Lucky girl! And it is such a cute one too. Like everything else you do. Good luck on that laundry. I know all about the huge size of it and there are only two of us.

Jenna Z said...

Thank you for the reminder that I need to fold laundry tonight! Loved your story about your skirt-turned cape, what a great memory!

Saucy said...

You can never have too much pink. I sort Loopy's pinks and my pinks and add any reds that we or the boys may have and that makes one fine load of laundry.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)