Saturday, October 25, 2008

zombie in a jar swap



My swap partner, Lisa, sent me the sweetest little "zombie in a jar" for the swap. She's the cutest little black cat! Both Lisa and I agreed that we don't like the scarier parts of the holiday so we were a good match for the swap. Here's a birdseye view of the jar...I love those little flocked pumpkins!






Here's the jar that I sent her...


The body came from a little French lead figure that just happened to be headless.
I made a little pumpkin head from clay and glued it in place.


The other side of this tag reads "I caught you a goblin!"

And the rim of the jar lid is covered with a very vintage measuring tape.




Unfortunately, the whole thing came unglued and the poor guy suffered a broken nose on his way to Lisa's. I had debated filling the jar with shredded paper to prevent such a disaster but was afraid that the presentation wouldn't be as much fun for Lisa if she had to pick out the paper shreds just to see him.
Instead she had to perform surgery to replace his broken off nose. :(
Maybe he was trying to escape...the slippery little fella!
To see more zombie in a jars from the swap, click here.










10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love these so much!

I am also a fan of the gentler version of Hallowe'en. :)

Really, really sweet . . . and the tape measure is such a neat touch.

karen said...

Love what you got and what you gave

Jessi Nagy said...

yours are awesome, so so cute!!'
oxoxo,
jessi
see ya soon

Anonymous said...

I am all about the cuter side of Halloween. I am impressed with your craftsmanship. Beautiful jar. :) p.s. I wish I could have found you years ago, I have a child that has similar issues as Loopy and he has always been real big on little, he always did much better with something little in his hand.

Saucy said...

I just knew that you and Lisa would make good matches for this swap! Too bad about your little goblin's nose... we also had a disaster and I realize that I should have filled my cloche for Angela with something shredded too! I was also worried about the surprise factor!

SusannaT said...

Oh so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are all so talented.Loved them!

Decor To Adore said...

Simply adorable!

KB said...

Your little Zombie is so sweet.
I love his sailor hat... Nice job!

Anonymous said...

I would love to try this for christmas you know with tiny snowman or tiny christmas trees. Great idea!