Monday, August 17, 2009

packing up...

Today I'm trying not to be too frantic. I'm trying to think and plan through all the details, to be as prepared as a girl can be, for flying alone with a 2 year old. We spent the morning scrambling around. Our local mall was swarming with secret service people. Since our president seems to be in Arizona, I wonder who it could've been to visit our neck of the woods.

Anyway, back to work. Call me an optimist, but when I pack I feel that I must iron the clothes first and fold neatly into bundles. Oh, and I decided to change out the buttons on the jacket I'm wearing on the plane.

I meant to make up a pot of chili for Rich but never made it to the grocery store. Oh well...I just hope he doesn't eat every meal from the drive-thru.

Next time I pop in, I'll be in California. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

Good luck with your flight! Our son is 18 months and he's quite fun on the airplane. :)

Pamela Jane said...

Have a great fun-filled stress-free trip! See you when you return. :)

Celia said...

Not so good for the president if you discovered the secret service people in the mall, lol...
Enjoy your trip!

Amy M. said...

Have a safe trip! I'll be looking for you tooling around P-town!

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

Suz said...

Hope it goes well, Amy. I always pray for you and Alfredo.

xo
Suz

Bevy said...

Hope the flight went well and you are Alfredo are enjoy every moment of California!

Sadie Lou said...

I'm a Cali Girl! I hope you enjoy what California has to offer--safe travels to you!
~S

Maryann said...

May the Lord bless your trip!!!!
Hugs,
Maryann

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip.