Wednesday, August 26, 2009

see?


Isn't that adorable? All I did was paint it with a coat of gesso and then painted the whole thing red. I added darker and lighter accents to make it seem more clothlike. (sorry about the fuzzy picture!)

I'm doing another one in pink and white and I'm going to try another covered with paper. I'm also going to see how it looks with pom-pom fringe hanging from the scallops (I just don't happen to have any tiny pom-pom fringe at the moment)

Anyway, see what I mean? Adorable. You could make this into a shadow box to showcase special things...or just use it with the stands provided.

I'm going to use mine to help display my little worlds at vendor night here. And then I think they'll make a cute presentation for my photos on etsy.

Make this and show me yours...link in the comments below, okay?

13 comments:

cupcake studio said...

How CUTE!!! Your creativity is amazing!

icandy... said...

Yes! This IS sooo cute! :)
Hugs,
Christina!

Jill said...

What a great idea for your display! You did a great job on the shading-- I had to look at the last post to see that it was actually wood! It also helped me to see the scale of your little worlds-- soooo teensie tiny! So cute!

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh- that is SO COOL!! What a beautiful job you did with the shading, too! It looks like red velvet!

Kaytee said...

I love what you did with this!!! I am definitely going to have to pick one of these up!!

Amy M. said...

Wow! That looks great!!!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Amy, this really is darling! I can TOTALLY see you using one that is pink & white stripes, too. With pompon fringe, of course...maybe even GLITTERED with pompon fringe!;0)

Unknown said...

Amy that is so cute! Alfredo is going to love playing with it...

Pam @ Frippery said...

I am going to get a few right NOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, too adorable! I am sure my paint job would not look like yours. I can't wait to see your little worlds on that stage!

xo,
Suz

Saucy said...

So cute! Alfredo brightens my day, too.

Amy, I'm hosting a Halloween charm swap similar to the Club Little House concept... I thought you might be interested. I can't locate your email but I posted the info on my blog!

I understand how busy you are with your little one and with Silver Bella approaching fast, but just wanted to make sure you had the heads-up!

xoxo
Sasha

Grace said...

how cute! I need to go to Michael's that is if they have any...

natalie hansen said...

Amy, I looked for these at my Michael's but couldn't find them....Can you give me a better idea of what they were near?????