Thursday, November 29, 2012

when in doubt, craft!


Do you ever find yourself in this situation? You're getting together with friends close to Christmas and the subject of gifts wasn't brought up. It can be a little iffy...you don't want to make anyone feel awkward by showing up with a sleighful of gifts. But you'd like to give something.

When in doubt, I say, craft! It's the perfect solution. If nobody else brings a gift, you can just play it off with "Oh, this is just something I whipped up..."
 

I started with a little bottlebrush wreath. I used to sell these in my online shop back in the day when I had an online shop. They were Easter wreaths with little eggs on them. I plucked them off and replaced them with a bunch of ornaments from Target's dollar spot (1 tube per wreath but more would be even better!)

The best part of this wreath is the sweet little house in the middle. Jenny and Aaron used to sell these fabulous set of 4 Putz-like house ornaments and I happened to have an extra set on hand. I sprayed the wreath, ornaments and all, with glue and then I showered it with mica flakes.

 

You can easily make this wreath using any kind of plain wreath as the base. Pick up Jenny and Aaron's sticker sheets with the houses. (You can adhere the sticker to cardboard and then carefully trim around it.)

6 comments:

Grace said...

How stinking cute is this??? I ove it and definately will make some! Thank you for your wonderful idea Grace xoox

Unknown said...

Adorable. Do you miss your shop?

Brenda said...

Those wreaths are so cute! I love them... I miss your shop.

The Old Parsonage said...

Darling - I'm headed to Target later today I think that I'll add the ornies to my list.

Enjoy the blessings of the season!
Leann

Nancy Onorato said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I LOVE this and am going to do this to a large bottle brush wreath I have.
Thanks again for the awesome idea! I bet your shop was wonderful.

redrivergrl said...

These are darling but where can you find the wreaths?